[access-uk] Re: BT Broadband Versus Virgin Media?

  • From: James Scholes <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dj Paddy <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:40:53 +0000

Paddy, agree with you entirely

-----Original Message-----
From: Dj Paddy <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, January 23, 2009 05:23:28 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: BT Broadband Versus Virgin Media?

I hate speaking to VMs Tech Support but generally speaking if I can't get
the net I've tryed all their standard Network Diognostic steps, and even
some of the advanced stuff like rebuilding the TCPIP Stack, so I normally
request an engineer when I phone either on or booked to come out.

The frustration begins when they pick key words out of my descriptions and
hone in on their Knowledge Base for normally completely irrelevant feedback
on what problem I'm having.

The way I try and get around it is ring sales and tell them I need to speak
to someone in the UK.  Probably makes me sound like a racist, which of
course I'm not.  I actually feel bad for some of those outsourced folks, who
are actually typically highly educated people, it's just too much at times
the difference in Language/Accent/Culture.

Dj paddy
Message sent at 05:40:45 PM GMT on Friday, January 23, 2009