[access-uk] Re: BT Broadband?

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:45:54 -0500

Hi Billy,
The only decent server I could get   in Helensburgh, apart from a one man
show who was off to Spain for three weeksand BT, was Wanadoo. I went with
Wanadoo with a 12 month contract. They offered 2 mb of speed with 2 gigs of
downloads. I opted for 6 gigs of download and paid the difference. Now I'm
told I only get 1 mb of speed as that is all my telephone line will  carry
at the moment. Of course I phoned wanadoo, looking for some kind of rebate.
I got nowhere, in spite of arguing my case with two supervisors. I was told
that the order wizard made it clear on signing up that I would possibly only
get 1 mb of speed. It did, sure, but I still expected some kind of rebate if
I fell into that category. I know of no other service wherein you pay full
whack for 50 percent of  what is on offer. I think ISP's are probably not
very well regulated by the government and get away with daylight robbery.

Peter