[access-uk] Re: BT Broadband?

  • From: "Sandra Henshall" <oceania@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:55:18 -0000

Billy, before you definitely decide to go with BT Broadband, maybe it's worth mentioning that I got caught up in a twelve month contract with BT when I first got A D S L. The service, particularly the e-mail service was unreliable at best and a downright pain at worst. Their technical support was, to say the least, very poor. Half the time they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, and if they did, their stock answer was that I probably had a virus and to make sure my anti-virus program was up to date. It always was. Spammers loved them too. I got more spam that I knew what to do with when I was with BT. All this was nearly two years ago so whether things have improved since then I don't know but I just thought it worth a mention before you got caught in the trap.

Cheers,
Sandra.