[access-uk] Re: BT Answer 1571 Linked Mobile Service - and, Can you circulate messages by phone?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 12:38:58 -0000

Hi,

1471 has nothing do do with messenging.  Actually there is a similar
service for Orange mobile users, so you may want to try and play with
this?  In 2000 in the US there was a service called tell-me, where
people were able to do this.  It took off very well for VI users, but I
don't think it lasted long.

Andrew.

From: "Andrew Hodgson"

Hi,

Such a voice broadcasting service is not going to be done by BT because
at the current time the charge for the 1571 service is free, and so this
would initiate message transfer to people freely.  Also people who
received the messages would need to use the compatible 1571 service - I
don't use this, so it wouldn't work.

However, on my work answerphone which uses a Cisco Unity voicemail box,
we have this feature, and I also have this feature on my Vonage IP
telephone line.

Andrew.