[access-uk] Re: BT Answer 1571 Linked Mobile Service - and, Can you circulate messages by phone?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:22:57 -0000

Sorry Jim to have caused some confusion over the BT 1571 service.  I had
assumed that the option of setting up the mobile text alert had been roled out
nationally and that everyone already subscribed to 1571 had been alerted, as I
was one or two days ago.

What happened on my line was that a message from BT was left on the 1571
service alerting me that this service was available and that if I pressed the
star key, or it might have been 6, I could set the service up.  I did this and
was prompted to confirm the number I was phoning from, (You must not have your
number hidden for your number to be identified by the service;  if your number
is normally hidden then dialing 1470 before dialing 1571 will reveal your
number.)

Having confirmed my number I was invited to enter my mobile number followed by
hash.  The number is voiced back to you for confirmation purposes.  that should
be it.  You are charged for the service per text forwarded.

Now, however, I find that pressing keys other than the usual 1571 keys doesn't
bring up the mobile text linking service.  I imagine that I probably have to
turn it off via the internet option.  I am leaving my original message intact
in this message so you can discover what BT says on the web about this service.

Maybe I'll have to repeat my question about broadcasting voice messages over
the phone, al la email, using a new thread, but it did seem to tie in nicely
with the subject of the latest 1571 extended service.

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx