[access-uk] Re: BBC iPlayer TV Beta

  • From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:49:03 +0000

Peter, try now: would fail if language files not found.
http://download.webbie.org.uk/test/BBCiPlayerTV.exe
Now version 4.0.1.

Douglas, I found that some programmes were listed on the BBC site but
turned out to be available - the first two in the BBC1 list, for
example. Does Animal 24:7 on BBC1 work? That one works here.

Alasdair

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Douglas Harrison
<harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gordon,
>
> unlike Peter, I can get the beta file to run and produce the list of programs
> but pressing enter
> on most  of them has no apparent effect - a few give a message "Sorry, this
> program is not
> available" (or something to that effect).
> I have a normal installation of  WMP on this machine - are you saying that I
> may need to
> download and install an additional codec?
>

> Douglas
>
> On 28 Dec 2008 at 15:57, Gordon Atkinson wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter
>>
>> I found that I had to install the Windows Media Player video codec.  After
>> that, everything worked fine.
>>
>> Gordon Atkinson

Alasdair King