[access-uk] Re: BBC iPlayer TV Beta

alister, i can't get any sound either. what can i do?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alasdair King" <alasdairking@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:27 AM
Subject: [access-uk] BBC iPlayer TV Beta

OK, I've had another stab at the BBC TV programmes available through
iPlayer. This new application, BBC iPlayer TV, works pretty much
identically to the radio version - that it, it plays the TV programme
from directly within the application, it doesn't just launch your web
browser. Good stuff: doesn't need RealPlayer installed, only Windows
Media Player (which you should all have.) Bad stuff: you can't skip
forwards/backwards until most (all?) of the file has downloaded - the
buttons don't enable. Full instructions in the help text, just hit F1.
No installer, just download and run.
http://download.webbie.org.uk/test/BBCiPlayerTV.exe

I didn't have time to put in a "search every channel" feature but I
did let you search the current channel (control and F), hope that
helps finding things.

Do let me know what you think.

Best wishes,
Alasdair