[access-uk] Re: BBC NEWS | Technology | Not long left for cassette tapes (I feel no pain)

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:54:41 +0100

Hi Justin,

I don't feel that Daisy would lend itself very well to music.  While speech
is good enough when Daisified, is that a word?  It would severely reduce the
quality, as well as the amount of CDs of such musical box sets.  I disagree
with anyone that says Daisy is good quality.  Yes, it is good enough for
speech, but I have tried various music recordings on the PTR1 as Daisy, with
different compression levels, and I have to say it is still severely
noticable that it doesn't come close to audio CD.  So I say keep the box
sets as they are, thank you <Smile>.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx