[access-uk] Re: BBC Iplayer

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:31:49 +0100

Hmmmmmm, and is Julie Shiller a screen reader user? Not another sighted person
that uses a screen reader from a sighted
persons perspective of testing applications?

Eric Hugger is the head of future media and technology and Andrea Kalander the
head of diversity, I think that we should be petitioning people with  that
seniority for improvements, after all they are answerable for any infringements
to accessibility and equality.

I've viewed the BCAB archive on the I Player thread, and apart from one message
that demonstrated just what and how systemic the problem at the BBC is, there
didn't seem to be anything of any more interest.

    From: Colin Fowler

    Hi Ray,

    I've only just re joined the list so I may have missed your earlier posts
on this matter. Who's advised you of these key board functionality changes? and
from what team? E mail me off list if you want.

    I would agree that in touch isn't worth us wasting our time with, and I
doubt whether You and Yours will treat our view seriously either. We need to
jointly make our dissatisfaction known to the head of future media and
technology within the BBC, and at the same time to their head of diversity for
breaching their obligations for due regard for equality of opportunity under
the DED.

16:18