[access-uk] Re: Avast Uninstalation Problem

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:08:31 -0000

Hi Barbara,

Oddly enough I had to do this today myself, and it took two attempts -
and I have sight!!

If you go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs (Or under P for
programs in Vista and Windows 7) - I found (in Vista) that when I
selected Remove or Uninstall, it brought up an Avast dialog, which did
NOT contain a Remove Option.  (I even had a sighted guy looking with
me).

SECOND time round however, the Remove Option appeared in Avast's
dialog.

Be both thought this was decidedly weird, but asume it's a ploy to try
and persuade you to keep it.

BWT, we immediately installed "Microsoft Security Essentials", and
believe it or not, within a few minutes that had discovered a Trojan
missed by Avast!

George.