[access-uk] Re: AudioGo Website

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:24:06 +0100

Pele, Ed,

The last time I tried this site a couple of months ago, I also couldn't
download anything using JAWS. Yesterday afternoon I found it easy to do.
This morning I was also able to do it with Windows-Eyes, although less
easily.

I use Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, and Internet Explorer 8. I have three
books in my library, which opens after I sign in.

With JAWS 13.0.924, for each book I get:
The title of the book
Please rate this title
Link review this title
Link download with manager
Download in browser

Although that last isn't given as a link, if I press Enter on it I get a
new window with my focus in the address bar. I can Tab once to a
Download All link, and a second Tab gets me to a download for that
title. Pressing Enter on this second download link gives me a dialogue
where I can cancel, save or open the file, and from there it's
straightforward.

When I do the same with Window-Eyes 7.54 on my PC, I can't activate the
Download in Browser link with the keyboard. What I can do is find the
Download with manager link, move the mouse to this link with Insert +
NumPad Plus, then use the number pad DownArrow to move down two lines to
the Download in browser link and use NumPad stroke to activate it.

It sounds like you get something different from this, and I wonder if
it's because I'm using Internet Explorer 8. If I get the chance, I'll
try it with 9.

Steve