[access-uk] Re: Audio Description on dvd

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:23:23 -0000

David - in most cases, there is more than one title on a DVD, to include
things like the directors comments, or deleted scenes etc. There is a time
given against each title, so the movie will be the title with the longest
running time. Use your arrow keys to select this movie title, then press the
tab key, and you will be in the languages list box, English will in most
cases be the first language in the list, if you arrow down, you will see
other languages if available. When a DVD has audio description, then in that
language list, you will see a second or even a third entry for English, if
you leave your cursor on say the second entry for English, then tab to the
play button, you can check to see if that is the one that has the AD track.
If not, then shift tab back to the language list box, and choose another of
the English entries, and tab to play again, and try it. Once you have the
correct English with AD selected, you can then tab to the next button, and
complete the process for ripping the sound.

HTH -

Andy