[access-uk] Re: Audio Description

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:50:28 +0100

Hi Niamh.

Not all tv’s unfortunately can receive audio description.  If it is available
on your set, there may be a menu option for it in the audio language settings
in the menu system or there may be a dedicated accessibility menu for settings
of this nature.  You need to refer to the instructions supplied with your TV
set, upgrade the firmware of the set if an upgrade is available through the
internet or connect a third party Freeview receiver like the TVonics which has
been specifically designed to provide access to accessibility features.

All the best and good luck, Ibrahim.