[access-uk] Re: Audible.co.uk

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:22:18 +0100

Hi frank

You can use either Real Player or Windows media player to stream book samples from the Audible website. The first time you click on a link that says "hear a sample from this programme", it will take you to a page asking which player you would like to use. After that it should remember your preference and launch the right player automatically. As far as listening to entire books that you have actually purchased on the PC is concerned ,this is a separate issue to hearing samples or the Book Courier activation, and I would recommend you use the Audible Desktop Player. Go into Options in Audible Manager and select it,the player will be downloaded automatically and you will then need to activate it from within Audible Manager. another thing to note is that ideally you should be using Audible Manager version 5.0.0.5 (check in Help > about for your version number). If you are not using that version, you can download it from
www.audible.com/software
and install over your previous version, your books will still remain on your hard drive and should be available to you after the new installation. However I would download the latest version before activating any players/devices.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Haslam" <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>