  From: Dean Wilcox
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:40 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: Audible and the Touch

  Just a correction.  You do not need the Audible Download Manager.  Yes you do
need to activate your account with Audible which I did when I attempted to
import my first Audible book into iTunes but iTunes transfers them to your iPod
like any other content.  As for the Audible app, I do have it and I am a little
disappointed that I can't browse and buy / use my credits from within the app
itself.  It is nice and it lets you stream your purchased content direct from
your library.  However, if you have all this content already on your computer
and in iTunes you could just stick with the iPod music player already on your
Touch.

  On 27 Feb 2011, at 04:17, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:

    Hi Andy.

    If your going to use audible on your IPod Touch, download the Audible app
from the app store which will let you browse your library and download/listen
to your purchased content.  My only real gripe with this app is that the audio
is in Mono even when download quality is set to enhanced, so if Stereo
listening is a big deal for you then you'll need to connect your IPod to ITunes
and using the audible download manager, import audible titles that way and yes,
if you want to listen through ITunes then you need to activate your IPod with
audible but you don't need to if using the app.

    All the best, Ibrahim.