[access-uk] Re: Audacity.

Hello,

Yes you can create mp3 files in audacity, but it's a firly tedious process.
It is accessible, but I don't know how fully accessible it is. I've been able to record audio data, play with selected samples of the data, and save it to either .wav or mp3, or even the default, which is an audacity project file, readable only by audacity itself.

I don't know if it has a batch converter or not, if it does it's burried in the menues sonewhere, Not bad for a free program though, but whether it is the right tool for what you want to do, I couldn't say.

There are 95 tasks which can have hot keys assigned, by default not all assignments are made. It appears that you can also load alternate keyboard configuration files.

It wouldn't be my program of choice I don't think, but it looks fairly flexible and has potential. It looks as if you can also record midi data as well as audio.

there is a mailing list, to subscribe send a mail to:

audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope that helps.

Thanks to the developers.

JP