[access-uk] Ask and Allow

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:29:17 +0100

Hi all -

When my PC freezes, I often find if I use the JFW cursor, that amongst my
desk-top items is something called ask, and something else called allow; allow
is usually checked, and if I do a left click on it, my machine unfreezes and
all is ok. This is nothing to do with my firewall [Sygate] and isn't the usual
Sygate screen that says so and so is being contacted by...do you want to allow
access...So, does anybody know what allow and ask are all about, and why they
appear for no apparent reason?

Andy