[access-uk] Re: Are there free programs for converting .wma files to .mid files?was Re: A question about conversion programs for converting MP3 files to Midi files

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:26:30 +0100

I don't think that this is possible, because .mid files are not actually sound files, but rather contains instructions that tells the midi device, for example your phone, what notes to play. However, I'd be interested in the same thing as well. But as far as I know it isn't possible. If you wanted it to be MP3 ringtones, then fine, but for .mid ringtones it's a bit next to impossible. Hope that helps.

Alexander Shannon wrote:

Hi all,

I don't often reply to my own messages, but as what I need to do has changed slightly, and i have not as yet had any replies to my origeonal message, I thaught I would write to the list again and explain what I want to do.

I have one or two tracks on Audio CDs that I own which I want to turn either part or all of into ringtones for my Nokia 6680 phone. In my last message I said they were MP3 tracks, however as I can get them to play with Windows Media Player and they are on audio CD I guess I should be able to save them as .wma files.

Therefore, my question is now, which Jaws compatible programs can I get free or trial downloads of, which will be able to convert files playable by Windows Media Player into .mid files which I can send to the phone as tones?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alexander Shannon ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe] ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to: ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ** and in the Subject line type ** unsubscribe ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the ** immediately-following link:- ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq] ** or send a message, to ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq