[access-uk] Re: Are CCTVs that useful?

  • From: "Colin @ New Vision" <cph.newvision@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:21:58 +0100

Ray
In my experience people in employment tend to go for split screen CCTV's
with a single Large LCD monitor. This always with screen reader software.
Some also like to use a programmable XY table. This then keeps their hands
totally free to use the keyboard on the computer. You also then have the
option to use foot controls to move the CCTV table.

This then becomes a manageable ergonomic workstation, without two large
bulky monitors.

Some also like the idea of using the CCTV camera for distance work, like
reading a white board in a control centre for instance. Some split screen
CCTV's can't manage this as the camera is fixed into a swan neck camera
unit. The only way to get round this is to have an additional distance
camera.

Regards
Colin