[access-uk] Re: Another "wireless connection" query

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:19:32 +0100

Thanks to all who have responded.  I do not want to clutter the list
with individual replies, but all contributions are much appreciated.

After reading George's final paragraph I am tempted to give a wired
connection to the socket in my computer room a try first and only go
to the wireless option if I encounter problems.  The geography of the
house, number of intervening walls,  and distance from the main
socket are by no means favourable for wireless.

I was surprised to read that Mark keeps a dial up account in addition
to his broadband.  I had assumed that once BT converted the line to
aDSL and filters were put in all sockets except the one being used
for broadband, dial up days would be ended.   If I am wrong, that
could be a useful insurance in the early stages.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison