[access-uk] Re: Announcement - AccessibleNews for IE launched!

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 02:04:49 +0100

I don't think that thing about supernova really applies as much as perhpse it
did once.  before the release of Supernova version 5 there were no features
such as those seen in the other major screenreaders, JAWS and window-eyes.
version 5 went some way to correct this, but while in Supernova magnification
features were considdered among the best, speech access to the internet was
still flaky.

I have not had that much     opportunity to play with supernova or hal because
my demo has timed out but it does seem to me that now things are much more
reliable and you can navigate through tables well and move by heading, table,
paragraph etc.

other programs such as Betsie (probabbly misspelled) from the BBc was an
example of a program that aimed to make pages more accessible when the better
option would just have been decent design in the first place.

Cheers

Graham