[access-uk] Android and opening links?

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 00:04:03 +0100

Hi,

I've just recently purchased an android phone. I am using code factory's mobile
accessibility with it. My first impressions are very positive, especially since
I'm using a phone with the qwerty keyboard, it being soni erixon experia mini
pro. I find the combination of using touch screen and keyboard a lot easier of
a transition process from symbian to the touch screen like environment.

There is of course some issues with MA software, like the fact that the touch
screen part of navigation doesn't really work when outside of MA, the fact that
the streaming links can't be opened and a few other minor issues.

But something that is rather frustrating me is inability to open links within a
text message and also the email client. Since apparently MA client can only
accessibly work with gmail/googlemail, I am using a client called k9-mail,
which is pretty accessible, but I don't seem to be able to open links that are
in an email message. Same goes for SMS messages. So, am I doing something
wrong/missing something or is this at the moment just not possible? If anyone
knows please let me know and apple fanatics, please do not tell me to get an
iPhone. Also is there an android/code factory forum/mailing list where I could
ask such questions? Thanks.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
Windows live ID: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx