[access-uk] Re: An observation and a curiosity

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:45:03 -0000

Winking at you, Trace! ;)

  Many people, if not most, don't really bother with the "-" signs in smiley
faces any more. Quicker to type them up that way. Have you tried pressing
number 1 twice when you're typing a text message on your Nokia phone and while
predictive mode is on? Smileys that are used in emails and instant messaging
etc are used in text messages too.

  A couple more of frequently used smiley faces:

  :p smiley with tongue out
  :D open mouth smiley; same as LOL I suppose.

  Oh yeah, spelling out LOL would look really cool :P

  Cheers,
  Amro