[access-uk] Re: An O2 story with lessons to be learned

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:04:53 +0000

Hi Jackie.
Thanks for this. I will look on the O2 online shop to see if they offer it. See I am replacing a battery for my Nokia N73 over the weekend, and was thinking of getting another phone if the replacement didn't solve my problem of not holding a charge.
So thanks once again. Enjoy your new iPhone. Smiles.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 25/02/2011 08:13, Jackie Cairns wrote:
Hi Chris

Yes by all means, but I couldn't answer your questions about whether or not
this is the norm.  I took out a Simplicity pay monthly SIM only contract in
December when I switched from Voda owing simply to signal problems.  For the
15 quid, they gave me O2 to O2 calls, unlimited texts, and 600 minutes.
When the chappy offered me an iPhone as a replacement this week, however, I
stipulated that I wouldn't change my tariff just because it was an iPhone.
So what we compromised was that I would pay an additional fiver for
unlimited WiFi and Hotspots, so that seemed fair enough to me as I knew it
would be useful.

I know you can now buy iPhones on a top-up basis, but I don't know anything
about their tariffs.  My advice Chris is to go to one store at a time, hear
what they have to say, and then think it over before going to another shop.
If you do the rounds in one day, your brain will be cabbaged by the crap
they tell you.  It's a minefield is what I'm saying, and you need to be
careful not to end up taking something they think is a good idea, but which
you've been sucked into and may regret later.

The Area Manager last night rang to say my iPhone is waiting for me, so I'm
going to collect it today with some friends and returning their N86.  I hope
it will be all he agreed.  He's also put an extra £50 on my account for
inconvenience, so certainly their attitude has dramatically changed, which
makes life easier for me as it's become very tiring.

Thanks to everyone as ever for your kind words and support.  I would welcome
any tips if I need to ask, and hope to do likewise if I can assist anybody
else.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability