From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Caroline Ford
Sent: 26 August 2004 19:39
To: Access-Uk@Freelists. Org
Subject: [access-uk] Alternative Mobile Phone
Chargers

Hello,

I don't yet have a Talks-enabled mobile phone, so
have to remember to charge the battery when I
think it's getting low.  Unfortunately I don't
always judge this correctly and the battery has
gone dead on a couple of occasions.

I've heard that it's possible to buy portable
chargers which either work off the USB port, are
battery-operated or can be wound by hand.  I would
be interested to know if anyone has used one of
these chargers and whether you've found them
successful or not.  Ideally I'm looking for
something very small and portable, but I haven't
been able to find the dimensions of the different
kinds of chargers to determine which would be the
most suitable.
The battery-operated charger I've found takes four
AAA batteries, which would indicate that it's
quite large.  I'm probably favouring the wind-up
charger at the moment, but I've no idea how robust
they are and whether it's really possible to get a
decent charge into the phone without having to
wind for hours and hours.

If anyone has any experience of these chargers,
and knows a good supplier, I'd be interested to
hear from you.

Thanks,

Caroline.
Release Date: 24/08/2004

** Going on holiday and want to halt messages?
Send a message to:-
** vacation ## d
** where ## is the number of days followed by d
for days.
** For other things like digest mode, send a
message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the
Subject:- faq

-- Type: application/ms-tnef