[access-uk] Adobe Digital Editions 2 released

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:12:12 +0100

I wonder if anyone had had a play with this yet? If not, it's available
for download from:
http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html

The only change I'm aware of since the 1.8 preview that's been out for a
while is that NVDA's SayAll keystroke no longer reads a document
continuously, but stops at the end of the page. This is a backwards step
we'll be following up with Adobe.

The good thing is that now there is a single current version. In the
past libraries and eBook suppliers have referred to the mainstream
version, which had no accessibility, while we pointed people to a
preview of this release. Once organisations who point clients towards
Digital Editions become aware of this release and update their web
pages, magnification, speech and braille users will be using the same
version as everyone else.

If you have any comments on this software or, indeed, any other eBook
reading software, please send them to ebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Steve
---
Steve Griffiths
Digital Accessibility Development Officer, RNIB
c/o Action for Blind People
Howick House
Howick Park Avenue
Penwortham
Preston PR1 0LS

Tel: 01772 750 281
Email: steve.griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.rnib.org.uk

RNIB - Supporting blind and partially sighted people

--
Remember a Charity Week 17-23 September 2012. A third of our work is only
possible thanks to legacy gifts. Find out more at http://rnib.in/NIrpzO

This excludes the Isle of Man (IoM) where separate arrangements apply in
partnership with the IoM Government and Manx Blind Welfare Society.
--

DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.

those of RNIB.