[access-uk] Ad Aware alternatives

Hi all,
After today, Ad Aware 1.6, the fairly accessible version of Ad Aware, will no longer function properly due to the developers ceasing to release updated definition files for that version. As I'm sure you're aware, Ad Aware 2007 is released, however it is not yet accessible to screen readers, even with scripts, set files, or what not. So, what alternative do you recommend? For those using Vista, Windows Defender comes preinstalled, but whether it's good or not in terms of what it finds I can't say. However, for those with XP, should we perhaps try Windows Defender, or even just use Spybot alone for those who have such software.
Thanks in advance, and a happy new year to you all.