[access-uk] Re: Accessible treadmill

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:28:34 -0000

Hi Mohammed

I got the delivery and set up, plus a free treadmill mat that you need if
your flooring is laminate, all knocked off the bill, so it came to £750.
This is a very special combined Christmas and forthcoming birthday gift.

I should also have mentioned that the treadmill has audible beeps when you
press any of the buttons.  When you hit the start button, for example, it
beeps so many times so you can count when the running deck is going to start
moving.  And as your speed goes up in increments of one, you can count how
many times you are increasing or decreasing, and the same with the incline.

It really is the best accessible treadmill I've seen.  As Martin said
though, it wouldn't be that difficult to put a speech chip in there so you
could find out your calories, heart rate, how much you've walked etc.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns