[access-uk] Re: Accessible central heating system thermostat/operating controls

  • From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:38:05 -0000

Hi

By law such equipment should be serviced annually part of which, would =
be checking the pressure.  Should the pressure drop, you would know =
because some of the radiators will become cold at the top.  Furthermore, =
if the pressure is dropping frequently then the equipment may be faulty =
and should be serviced.  In my bungalow the pressure didn't drop for 9 =
years.  Of course the local council serviced the system annually as =
required by law.

Should the pressure drop frequently and the landlord does not respond to =
your request to it being sorted out then you should consider ringing the =
gas emergency number, on 0800 111 999.

A drop in pressure with one radiator not being filled up to the top for =
a short while, should not cause too much concern.  But such signs should =
be reported and attended to within a few weeks or so.

It's really odd to feel a radiator hot at the bottom and cold at the =
top.

HTH

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P