[access-uk] Re: Accessible TV was Re: Re: Portset.

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:47:39 -0000

Hi Ray

Hmm. In the instructions it does mention SPDIF, but having never used one of these connections, I don't know what they look like. On the back of the box there are two connections for TV in and out. Two scart connections, TV and VCR.

Using a CCTV I could see another small connection which had I R above it. Infra red maybe?? Next to it was another connection which just had a symbol next to it. That could be the SPDIF output, but I don't know.

There is one more connector on the side of the box. Either its a V G A output or a serial connector? Again I don't know. I couldn't find any reference to it in the instruction manual. So if anyone out there knows, please do tell.

Darren.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
George Bell
Sent: 02 December 2007 14:47
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to contradict you here, Peter, but this is not
strictly true.

A blind friend of mine, who actually lives in sheltered
accommodation owned by a society for the blind, found this
out to his cost.

The TV spy van picked up that while he did not have a
television, he was recording the sound only part of TV
programs using a video recorder.

He was lucky in that he wasn't fined, but he still has to
pay 50% of the TV license fee to be able to continue doing
this.

George.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx