[access-uk] Re: Accessible Internet Radio

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:54:52 -0000

Thanks for your help Andy.  No problem.

What I'm looking for is something I can use independently of the PC.  I know
there are lots of Internet radios on the market now, but how to access them is
another matter.  I want stuff abroad, certainly outwith what DAB has to offer.
I enjoy a lot of European stations, even though I can't speak the languages.  I
just reckon music has a much more diverse slant in other countries, instead of
all the British stations playing the same thing.  We've got an old analogue Sky
system, but because we've got a Sky digital system on the go, I don't think our
neighbours would be happy to see us putting up our old dish as well.  Ian has
got it going in the garden, but we wouldn't leave it just propped up somewhere.
 Shame, as there are a lot of music stations still playing that the digital
services don't cover of course.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Jackie