[access-uk] Re: Accessible Internet Radio

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:25:58 -0000

Yes Graham, I'm quite aware the USB machines being tried out could be
engineered and designed to replicate a familiar interface, with bigger
keys too if that's what's found to be required by some people.  I
agree too that USB sticks are taken all round, the best of the
portable memory media, the others being too small or lacking
manoeuvrability .

What will be interesting is to see, when these alternatives of solid
state players and radio streaming receivers arrive how the market
responds, although I'm betting that bulk purchasers for these devices
is what the makers will be after.  Almost certain that a Lotteries bid
or some sort of Government money will be saught to buy in this new
generation of players.

Speaking purely personally, I often wish that local people could be
persuaded to get a DAISY player as a talking book member, whether or
not they're much into reading audio books.  They could just send those
back, but would have a player that many wouldn't have to pay for.
Then again, it maybe that in five years time or so we'll be hearing
talk of the DAISY CD going the way of the Do Do.

Cheers,D

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx