[access-uk] Re: (Access-UK) - scandisk.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:18:51 +0100

Welcome to the newly moved access-uk list.  NOTE:  Leaving instructions, etc.,
are at the very end of this message.

It is actually more practical to do a regular defrag of your hard drive,
to tidy up files which have become scattered across the drive.  This
helps to speed up access time when you open files and such like.

In doing a defrag, it will also perform a scandisk at the beginning of
the process.  If the scandisk fails, you will not be allowed to proceed
with the defrag, so you can rest easy on that score.

George.