[access-uk] Re: Access to support

  • From: "Jillian Grant" <jillian.grant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 05:02:25 +0100

Andy.

I don't work, so I can't really help you at all.  One thing though.  In the
Northeast of england, we have an organisation called disability North.  So I
was wondering whether there is such a thing in scotland.  so when doing a
quick sneak-a-peak on the web for you I found this small bit of info.

Disability Scotland

SSC
Sensory Information Service

Disability Scotland
ADDRESS: Disability Scotland, Princes House, 5 Shandwick Place, Edinburgh,
EH2 4RG

TELEPHONE: 0131 229 8632

FAX: 0131 229 5168

TEXTPHONE: 0131 229 8632

EMAIL: enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DETAILS: National representation of the disability equality movement in
Scotland. Services include enquiry service; open 9.00 -13.00 weekdays,
information
directories on a range of relevant topics; DS Data on CD-ROM for
professionals and an accessible Internet site with news and articles.

Last Changed - 28/12/03
[SIS Main Index]
[SSC Home Page]
© Scottish Sensory Centre 2005
0131 651 6070
-----

I know disability North have people who can help with the DDA and other
things.  I used them when starting my fight to get direct payments.  sorry
if this isn't any help, but it's all I know.

Keep us informed.

Jill.