[access-uk] Access to Patientline facilities

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:49:52 +0100

Hi All

Browsing the website of the hospital I shall be admitted to soon, I have pasted
below some information about Patientline facilities, and wonder if anyone has
used them before and, if so, how accessible they are.  The last time I was in
there they just had a pay phone that you could spend a fortune to access with a
card you put in the slot.  But it seems to have gone a lot further than that
now, and I wonder if anyone else has used the facilities available.

Thanks.

Jackie

Patientline® is now available as an option to patients on some of our wards.
This system lets you make and receive phone calls from your bedside. Family
and friends can call you directly at your bedside, using your personal
Patientline® number. If you have to move to a different ward during your stay,
your
Patientline® account moves with you.   Outgoing telephone calls are charged at
26p per minute.  Incoming calls are charged to the caller at 39p per minute
off peak times and 49p per minute at peak times.  The answer phone and
messaging services are free.

The Patientline® system also gives you access to 33 TV channels, 5 radio
channels, internet and e-mail facilities and 8 games.  The radio channels are
available
for free.  All the other services (excluding phone calls) cost £2.90 for 24
hours, £7.00 for a 3 day package (saving you £1.70) or £10.00 for a five day
package (saving you £4.50).

As well as offering the radio channels for free, Patientline® offer a number of
other free services including 1 hour of free TV each day at breakfast-time
and free TV for children up to and including 16 years of age (until 9pm).

Vending machines have been installed in public areas throughout the hospitals
so that you or your relatives can purchase cards which will enable you to
use the services available.  Credits for using the system can also be purchased
using your credit or debit card at your bedside unit.

You will receive information on using Patientline® when you enter hospital.
Information leaflets are also available in public areas of the hospitals.