[access-uk] Re: Access to DAB info

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:39:52 -0000

Or; "Really not intended for blind people".
----- Original Message ----- From: <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
David W Wood
Sent: 02 December 2007 12:46
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Gordon:

The full URL  doesn't work, with an audio error message from the
page.
Also saying something about one colour to go back, and another
continue.

www.tvhelp.org.uk/audes does work however.

David

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On
Behalf Of
Gordon Keen
Sent: 02 December 2007 12:16
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gordon Keen

Hi
For alternatives check out:
http://www.tvhelp.org.uk/audes/equipment.index.html
Hopefully competition will force down prices in the not too
distant
future.

Cheers
From glorious Devon, England.

On 2 Dec 2007, at 11:03, Jackie Cairns wrote:

My only comment, and please feel free to jump on me if you want
folks (though not literally) (smile), is that it's a rip-off for
£620 or
whatever it costs.  I know it speaks, but £620 for that?  Phew!

I loved their Talking Teletext unit when I had mine, but that
was
when there wasn't so much information available elsewhere.
Certain
Freeview
boxes, while they don't provide speech navigation, do offer
Audio
Description, and there are also lots of DAISY players on the
market
to tap
into.  I just think it's well OTT.

Jackie