[access-uk] Re: Access Technology from your friendly Social Worker?

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:50:43 +0100

Ah, yes.  It was a grant from the local authority and not the DSS (Department
of Social Services).  It was so long ago and 4 pc's since then... paid for by
me, incidentally.
Barry H

  From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  My local DSS paid for a computer when I decided to go to college.  This
  was about eight or nine years ago but I think the access to education
  laws meant that they were obliged to get me the equipment.  At the time
  I only enrolled on a computer course. Also, I can travel on public
  transport anywhere in West Yorkshire for free using a pass.  It's not as
  good as the other two, but it's better than nothing and I really
  appreciate it.

  I have heard about some districts giving out taxi vouchers for the
  disabled. Can anyone verify this?

  ** vacation ## d
  ** For other things like digest mode, send a message, to=20

  http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland

  stated.
  If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.=20
  BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.=20
  ** vacation ## d

  ---
** vacation ## d