[access-uk] Re: [Access] Necessity of running both firewall and anti-virus

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 14:17:20 +0300

Hi Barry and Chris.

I use the combination of Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Pro and cant recommend both highly enough. Both are fully accessible with JAWS and where as Chris says Security Essentials handles the frontline defence of your machine against viruses and spyware, Malwarebytes deals with the more insidious types of malware and worms that make their way on to our computers. If you aren't willing to pay for the pro version of Malwarebytes, you can use the free version though you wont get scheduled updates and on demand protection, just the scanner component which does remove things it finds unlike other products.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Barry Hill
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 11:01 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: [Access] Necessity of running both firewall and anti-virus

Ok, thanks, Chris.  I'll give it serious consideration.

Cheers

Barry