[access-uk] Re: AVG update problem

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:49:15 +0100

Hi again Peter,

Although I will more than likely take your advice eventually, I have contacted AVG uk support as I now have the professional version and I thought you may like to see part of the message I sent them as it contains a description of the error I am experiencing, which copied directly from a screen which appeared when I tried to connect for updates.Maybe someone like Andrew Hodgson may be able to explain what is going on, as there are references in the error to IP address problems.

"An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. The server name couldnot be conv erted to the IP address."

Alexander Shannon