[access-uk] AUDIO DESCRIPTION - FILM - DON'T SAY A WORD!AUDIO DESCRIPTION -

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 18:15:29 -0000

Hi all,

If anyone watched that film "Don't Say a Word" on BBC1 last night and
has any clue what, exactly, the number needed actually led to then Mike
and I would be pleased to fill in some of the blanks and discuss it
privately.

Whilst this may not be a true "access" item in terms of technology, it
was a film which certainly wasn't audio described and to us, anyway, was
pretty visual in the places we really needed to know about.

I wonder whose responsibility it is to choose those programmes that will
and will not be audio described.  Anyone know?

Whilst on the subject, we don't seem to have had a good answer from
CABLE about any plans for audio described programmes;  does anyone know
anything about CABLE in this respect that we don't!

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx