[access-uk] Re: AFB labels

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:57:48 +0100

Andy

For a full description of the articles for the blind rules go to:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?mediaId=19100225&catId=191001
77

It looks to me as if organisations who have an agreement with the Post
Office can send audio books to blind people using AFB labels, but not
individuals.  However, you could always contact them to ask for further
clarification.  Personally I would not risk it, as it might mean that the
service could be discontinued, and then we would all be in the soup.
Imagine what it would cost to send braille books by even second class post.

Wendy