[access-uk] Re: ADVICE ON THIS PC

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:47:30 +0100

Hi Steve,

Some graphics cards have only 32 mb of memory allocated, and some have
it on a sliding scale which is optional by the user.  However, in some
cases, I have found it cheaper to upgrade the memory when buying a new
computer than to go and put in a graphics card, as quite a few of the
cards readily available these days are quite high end cards, which cost
a lot of money.=20

I would go for as much memory as you can reasonably afford.

Andrew.

** vacation ## d