[access-uk] ADVICE ON THIS PC

  • From: "Richard Godfrey" <Richard.Godfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 08:29:26 +0100

A friend has asked me to get her a new PC, and I've found the following from
Comet at £270.  Looks a good deal to me, and I'm just wondering if anyone
could tell me if I'm likely to have any probs with the sound or graphics
with this spec.  Thanks for any help.

"Comet - PC base units - HEWLETTPACKARD - Entry level pc base unit

HEWLETT PACKARD
A409/A509
Entry level pc base unit
Free basic delivery
Free basic delivery
£270.00
Product Information
Brand

HEWLETT PACKARD

Type of processor

Intel Celeron

Processor speed

2.6 GHz

The model of the processor,
Memory RAM

256 Mb

random access memory. the main memory in the PC. the larger the amount of
RAM, the greater the number of files that can be used at any one time on the
PC.
However, this does depend on the type of RAM.
Hard disk drive

40 GB

this is where all the permanent data is stored on the PC
Drives

DVD/CDRW

What type of drives does the Desktop have
Drive speeds

48x16x

What speed does the drive read/record at Write x ReWrite x Read x
Floppy disk drive

Yes

allows use of 3.5" floppy disks for saving data and data retrieval
Graphics

Integratedup to 64Mb

The video card allows you to play games and edit pictures the higher the
spec of the graphics card the better quality pictures
Shared graphics

64 Mb

The graphics card determines the quality of the image on the monitor. The
more powerful the graphics card the better the image.
TVout

No

Sound card

AC97integrated

The quality of the sound generated by the PC will depend on how powerful the
sound card is and the quality of the speakers.
Speakers

No

Modem

V92-ready

Enables communication with others via the telephone line. A modem is used
for the internet, e-mail, video-conferencing and faxing.
Ethernet

Yes

provides networking functionality
Keyboard

Yes

software
Mouse

Yes

software
Operating system

Windows XP Home Edition

software
Firewire

Yes

High speed data transfer link for digital video and other media. Ideal for
quickly downloading video images from camcorder to PC.
USB port(s)

6

Parallel port - for use with parallel port devices, USB port - for use with
USB port devices, USB connectors are for connecting peripherals to PCs
simply
Parallel port(s)

1

For connecting devices such as printers and scanners
Serial port(s)

1

For connecting devices such as organisers and external modems
Other Features

Microsoft Works Suite 2004

software

MS Works 7.0

the most up to date software

MS Picture It!

Easily enhance and improve all your photos and images.

Internet Explorer 6

software included

Outlook Express

software included

Microsoft Autoroute 2004

software

Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004

software

Microsoft Money Standard 2004

software

Sonic RecordNow CD/DVD 6

software

Microsoft MovieMaker 2

software

HP Image Zone

software

3 PCI - 2 (PCI Free) PC Card slots

extra slots

MS Word 2002

The Worlds most popular word processing software. Great for producing
professional school, college or office documents.

Intervideo Win DVD

software included

ArcSoft ShowBiz

software included
table end

Sent to friend
Printer Friendly Page
Add to basket

Please note not all products are on display in all stores.

The store price shown in Comet's national price and may be lower in some
stores.

A409uk & 17" crt monitor

A409uk & 17" crt monitor

£399.00
Free basic delivery
Free basic delivery

More Info

more info

Add to basket

add to basket
Hp a409uk & 15" tft

Hp a409uk & 15" tft

£549.99
Free basic delivery
Free basic delivery

More Info

more info

Add to basket

add to basket
Hp a409uk + 17" tft

Hp a409uk + 17" tft

£639.00
Free basic delivery
Free basic delivery

More Info

more info

Add to basket

add to basket
A409 & 19" tft

A409 & 19" tft

£719.99
Free basic delivery
Free basic delivery

More Info

more info

Add to basket
Richard Godfrey
Telephone: +44 (0) 1656-657516
Office 01656-643146
Can't get through?  try mobile 07791-452593

---

** Are you going on holiday and want to halt messages?
** Send a message to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type the word vacation
** followed by a space, then the number of days you
** wish to stop receiving messages for, followed by another
** space and the letter d for days.
** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.