[access-uk] Re: AD on Freeview

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:37:34 +0000

Hi,
The box your looking for is the Logik LDR V3

At 16:33 22/01/2008, you wrote:

Hi,

I know this has been covered before on list but it wasn't of intrest then...

I will be moving into rented accommodation in a few weeks and so am probably going to have to forego my Sky digital package and re-enter the world of Freeview, yes you guessed it, can someone remind me of the make & model of the freeview box that was available from Curry's I think at around d£60 which could receive audio description?

also am I right in thinking there is currently no combined freeview receiver / hard drive recorder that has audio description capabilities?  We do have a dvd recorder but have never got it to pick up the Sky signal to rrecord anything even though it's been checked over by a professional TV engineer.

I suppose my other option might be to get a new TV that has freeview built in but cost is as ever an issue and so perhaps that will need to wait until a later date until our current TV dies a death.

Finally does anyone know if the Tiscali tv unit has ad capabilities, I have tried finding out from Tiscali but they don't seem to know!

I know this has been covered before and probably will be again but please your help would be much appreciated!

with thanks,

Phil

Checked by AVG Free Edition.