[access-uk] Re: ACCESSING OTHER COMPUTER ON NETWORK

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:37:43 +0100

Thanks Dave.

The mapping of the drive didn't get me there, because they're Windows protected folders. Steve's suggestion that I have to allow my Documents and Settings folder (and I guess those underneath separately) is the way I thought I'd have to go and just wanted to ask before bothering to go through all those steps.

Now I just have to do it.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, August 19, 2008 6:14 PM (UK time), David W Wood at g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Carol:

Two ways come to mind.

Firstly, go to the folder which you want to access from the other
machine, and create a shortcut on the desktop of the other machine.

Second way is through Windows Explorer:
Tools
Map network drive
And tab through the options for the drive which you select to use on
the particular machine.

HTH

David W Wood

GUILDFORD PHYSIOTHERAPY AND SPORTS CLINIC
MATTHEWS HOUSE
85 EPSOM ROAD
GUILDFORD
SURREY GU1 3PA

T: 01483 575876 (APPOINTMENTS)
        302691 (ALL OTHER INQUIRIES)

E: reception@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: http://tinyurl.com/5wptcp

____________________
DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is strictly confidential and
is intended solely for the individual/s to whom it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error please delete it immediately.  Any disclosure including but not
withstanding reading copying or distribution of all or part of the
information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  Although this email and any attachments are believed to be
free of any virus or any other defect which might affect any computer
or system on which they are received and/or opened it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
and no responsibility is accepted by The Guildford Physiotherapy and
Sports Clinic for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt
or use thereof.   Any opinions or advice contained in this email are
not necessarily those of The Guildford Physiotherapy and Sports
Clinic or any individual or individuals working or acting on its
behalf.

All prices shown are in pounds sterling and exclude VAT, Delivery and
Expense charges unless otherwise stated.