[access-uk] Re: A scanning queery

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 10:33:51 +0100

Hi,
I haven't actually bought FineReader yet, I'm still using K1000. I find that the same as my other scanner, the scanner scans and then quickly moves back to the start point again but the computer is processing at this point. I don't think this is what you mean though so I might not be able to help. I did notice that when I changed my OCR engine to FineReader it takes over 10 seconds to process a scan, much more than the other engines but I find the results to be improved to stick with it. That's probably why I'll end up trying FineReader as my K1000 is at version7 and if the old FineReader engine can do this good then I hope I'llbe very impressed with the new one in the actual FineReader software itself.

At 22:20 05/05/2008, you wrote:
Hi Jackie -

It's beginning to sound then like this is what is happening. If it is taking
a photo copy in that second scan, then it doesn't actually print it. I
wonder what happens to the copy if it's actually doing this, I mean does it
get stored in a folder somewhere? I know Dean on this list has this
particular AIO machine, so maybe he can shed some light on it -

Andy