[access-uk] A scanning queery

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:19:29 +0100

Hi all -

I have an Epsom DX 7400 all in one printer scanner copier, and I'm using
Fine Reader 7 pro for my OCR. When I scan a document, the scan works in the
usual way, with JAWS announcing the scanned percentage, up to 100 percent.
After this however, the scanner goes in to a second scan, or at least the
process is the same, in that it sound like it is scanning again, and JAWS
again reports on the percentage done, up to 100 percent. Anybody know what
this second scan is about? It makes scanning before reading, a slow process,
as I have to wait for both scans to complete before I can read the results!

Thanks -

Andy