[access-uk] A little help, please?

  • From: Ray Sewell <ray.sewell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:33:26 -0700

Good evening Listers,
Several weeks ago I finally took the plunge and ordered a full copy of Hal
Standard and so far I am quite pleased.  I am using version 6.01 and here are
my questions:

1.  I often send parts of a file to friends but with Hal I am not certain as to
how I can mark off a segment of text and then send it along to a friend.  I am
using Windows millenium with a 40 GB hard drive.

2.  Although the left shift-left control and the letter H work fine to open Hal
I would like to put a shortcut onto the desk top.  How can this be done?  It
takes a fairly long stretch before Hal begins to speak.  Is this a common
problem?  Or can this opening be speeded up?

Many thanks for any help.  Please send replies to my home address of

ray.sewell@xxxxxxx

Or if it is easier just reply to the list and I will pick things up from here.

Best wishes, Ray Sewell.

ray.sewell@xxxxxxx

** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.