[access-uk] A great app for tuning instruments

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:58:48 -0000

Hi all -

Thought I'd pass this on cos I guess there are others like me that have wanted
an accurate tuning method for say the guitar, and if like me you have ears that
you can't quite trust for this when using tuning pipes or similar, then this is
great, and only cost 69 pence from  the apple store, it'S called talking tuner,
and is fully accessible, and was in fact designed for use by the blind. I've
just used it to tune my guitar, and it works great, all you have to do is pluck
a string, and it will tell you how much out [plus or minus] the note is. You
don't even have to have the iPhone or Touch in your hand when doing this.

Hope it's of interest to some, I love it! -

Andy