[access-uk] Re: A ZENSTONE QUESTION, PLEASE!

I'll say first I think David is right, re. plugging the Zenstone into any old USB socket. Or is he?

Then I wonder! I bought a small external hard drive recently with not one, but two USB leads a split Y lead, , one of which the makers say should go into a USB data socket, the other into a powered socket. Anyone know what's the deal here? I've got the thing taking up two USB sockets and it works, but a bit stumped over this data vs powered socket thing. Anyone know about this?

Cheers,
Ray.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David W Wood" <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Re: A ZENSTONE QUESTION, PLEASE!

Carol:

It will be fine as I am pretty sure that it will derive the charge from the
voltage lines of the USB port.

David W Wood

GUILDFORD PHYSIOTHERAPY AND SPORTS CLINIC
MATTHEWS HOUSE
85 EPSOM ROAD
GUILDFORD
SURREY GU1 3PA